Park Dong-won (33), who signed with the LG Twins as a free agent before the season, hit a two-run home run in the second consecutive game of the KBO Korean Series (KS) in the “Autumn Legend” stage .Park activated the home run gun with no outs in the top of the sixth inning of Game 3 of the 2023 KBO Korean Series against the KT Wiz at Katie Wiz Park in Suwon on Tuesday. After LG blew a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the fifth inning of the previous game due to two errors, it was Park Dong-won who immediately set the tone. Facing the new pitcher Son Dong-hyun with the bases loaded, Park took advantage of a low 145-kilometer-per-hour fastball on a two-ball, one-strike count and blasted it over the left-field fence at Katie Weeds Park in Suwon. The distance was 125 meters. Park Dong-won also hit a game-winning two-run homer off Park Young-hyun in the bottom of the eighth inning of Game 2 of the Korean Series on Aug. 8 with the score tied at 3-4.For the second straight game, Park showed off his “championship hitter” persona by knocking out KT’s vaunted Seung-seung-jo bullpen .After rallying from a 5-4 deficit with Park’s home run, LG gave up three runs in the bottom of the eighth to fall behind 5-7.With two outs in the top of the ninth, LG scored the game-winning three-run homer by Oh Ji-hwan to win the game 8-7.

Oh was the hero of the game .But no less important was Park Dong-won, who homered for the second straight game while wearing a catcher’s mask .In the history of the Korean Series, the team that wins the second game after being tied 1-1 (including ties) has an 85% chance of winning the title (17 out of 20 times).When KT won Game 1, they had a 74.4% chance of winning the series. Flip that around and it means that a team that loses Game 1 has a 25.6% chance of winning .Park helped turn that 25.6% into 85% with his bat, and his dugout gesture after hitting a home run was also noteworthy. As soon as he entered the dugout, he grabbed LG manager Yoon Kyung-yeop’s arm and dragged him along .In the blood-curdling world of the Korean Series, Yeom walks on a knife’s edge every day. Park Dong-won, who has been with Yeom since his days as manager of Nexen (now Kiwoom), gave him a chance to do a ceremony with the players to make him smile for a moment .Yeom, who usually stares at the ground with a solemn expression, broke into a wide grin and 스포츠토토존 enjoyed the pleasure of Park’s “smile” for the moment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *